About Quartz Countertops in San Diego, CA

Discovering Key Facts About Quartz Countertops

Whether you’ve been browsing white quartz countertops or considering quartz countertop installation standards before making a final decision, The Countertop Company is here to provide you with everything you need to know about quartz so you can make a sound decision for your San Diego, CA home’s newest addition!

Quartz Countertop in San Diego, CA

Understanding Quartz Countertops

If the appearance of a natural stone countertop is appealing to you, consider a quartz countertop. Quartz countertops are made from ground-up pieces of quartz and other materials, which are then bound together using special resins to create a beautiful glassy finish.

Quartz Countertops Are Not Made from Solid Quartz

If you’ve been eyeing a quartz kitchen countertop, it’s important to note that it’s probably not fully quartz. In the majority of quartz countertops, approximately 10% of the material is a binder derived from polymeric or cement. The other 90% is a mixture of crushed marble, stone, granite, or other industrial waste materials.

Quartz Countertops Are Derived from a Single Source

The technology that sparked the way the stone is developed was founded in 1963 by the Breton Company, which trademarked BretonStone, which is the process by which engineered stone is created. Since its debut, Breton remains the leading quartz countertop manufacturer with several other companies licensed underneath them using their original Breton patent.

Quartz Countertops and the Cheese Connections

Cambria is a leading American quartz countertop manufacturer, but what many don’t know is that Cambria also makes cheese. The Davis family is the mind behind the Cambria business, and when they began their empire in the 1930s, it was in the dairy industry. In the year 2000, they branched out into quartz manufacturing.

The Meaning of BretonStone

Many mistakes the name BretonStone for being a derivative of the French word Breton, a saying used to refer to those from the Brittany region in France. However, BretonStone actually has Italian roots. The “Bre” in BretonStone is short for brevetti which roughly translates to “patents,” and “ton” is for the founder’s surname, Toncelli.

Durable Quartz Kitchen Countertops in San Diego, CA

Quartz Countertops Are Environmentally Sound

A little-known fact about quartz countertops is that they are an environmentally sound choice. As these countertops are composed of 90% stone-like substances often derived from by-products of waste from other manufacturing jobs, no natural stone is harvested to create quartz countertops.

Quartz Can Be Found Under Your Feet

When we think of quartz, we think of quartz kitchen countertops or bathroom countertops. However, quartz is frequently used in large-scale flooring slabs, such as in shopping malls. The original use of quartz was flooring tiles, as it was invented as small, hand-poured slabs, making them sufficient for flooring.

There Is No Comparison with Granite

Quartz countertops emerged as the natural stone competitor of granite. However, in recent years, the quartz industry has changed its tune, taking a new approach to marketing quartz countertops as durable, non-porous, and more simply manufactured, with style selections that do not mimic the look of granite becoming increasingly favored.

Quartz Is Not the Most Affordable

While quartz kitchen countertops offer an array of benefits, the price is not one of them. Quartz is more cost-effective than granite, but it is not an affordable option when compared to materials such as butcher block or laminate. Quartz countertops will range from $15 to $70 per square foot.

Quartz Has Unrivaled Durability

Quartz countertops are known for their exceptional durability. They are nonporous and do not require sealing, which gives them a one-up on their competitors. Quartz countertops are tough against scratches, stains, and cracks, and in the event, a scratch does occur, it can be easily buffed out and polished to restore the beauty of the countertop.

Choose San Diego’s Experts for Your Quartz Countertops

If a kitchen or bathroom remodel is in your plans, rely on the countertop specialists at The Countertop Company to provide you with unparalleled quartz countertops that surpass your expectations! Contact us today to discuss your home renovation ideas and let’s get started on your quartz countertops.